Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oops!

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps challenge. This week’s challenge was a recipe—three main colors, two patterned papers, one button, and one ribbon.

I used this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, flipped on its side, and Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Red Riding Hood image as the starting points for my card. Since I was using Red Riding Hood, I knew I’d want to include some red as one of my colors, so I found a reddish dotted paper in an October Afternoon collection and paired it with a fun yellow pattern from the same collection. Once that was settled, the rest of the card came together quickly.

Red is colored with Copic markers. I used a little bit of Stickles on the barrettes in her hair for some sparkle. The colored image is layered on a yellow mat, then attached to the cardfront. A strip of red seam binding, with a scallop edged cardstock strip slipped underneath its edge, runs along the right edge of the image panel. I added the “oops” sentiment on a circle panel, then topped it with a button embellished bow. A trio of yellow crystals along the bottom of the image panel finishes off the design.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Red Riding Hood image (Kraftin Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Fly a Kite paper pad (October Afternoon); circle punches (EK Success); Ladybug seam binding (Martha Stewart); button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); yellow crystals (Imaginisce)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips