Monday, March 7, 2011

Can You Dig It?

Today's SCS clean and simple challenge was to make a humorous card. Mine's kind of on the gross, childish side of humor, but I still think it's funny.

I used Zed, one of the creatures from the DoodleFactory Creatures II set from Starving Artistamps for my card. Zed's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used foam tape to attach him to a cork circle. Using textured items like cork is a great way to add lots of interest to a clean and simple card. I stamped the coordinating "can you dig it?" sentiment directly on the cork, using my stamp positioner to place the individual words.

In keeping with the challenge, the rest of the card is very simple. I placed a fun patterned paper panel on an aqua card base and ran a strip of coordinating grosgrain ribbon along the bottom edge of the panel. A big button, tied with some baker's twine, accents the end of the ribbon. I attached the cork circle at the opposite end of the ribbon. The whole card took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Clean, simple, and funny-all at once!

Starving Artistamps is one of my favorite sources for images with coordinating funny and witty sentiments. Definitely check it out if you haven't already. Tracey's running a great special right now through March 17--you can find all the details here.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); Alphabet Soup-Boy Collection Kit (My Mind's Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); cork (Creative Impressions); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips