Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thanks a Latte

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use spring colors. I used some older SU! designer papers with soft pastel colors and a floral pattern along with the sketch from this week’s Cute Card Thursday challenge for the card.

I used Angie, one of the new Moonlight Whispers images, for my card. She’s colored with Copic markers to match the card’s pink and yellow color scheme. I added a little pink flock along the edges and cuffs of her robe for texture--and fun, too!

To fit the tall image, I stretched the sketch out a bit while still keeping all of the basic elements intact. I machine stitched around the pink dotted panel before attaching it to the soft yellow card base. A strip of yellow paper with a pink and yellow floral pattern runs down the length of the card. A pale pink circle peeks out from underneath the strip as an accent. I matted the colored image on a pale yellow panel, then attached it to the cardfront. The set’s "thanks a latte" sentiment is stamped alongside the image. I added a rose ribbon tab anchored with a baker's twine tied up button to the image panel as a simple accent.

Materials Used: Moonlight Whispers Angie image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Barely Banana and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Spring Fling designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); pink flock (Stampendous); pink button (Michaels); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. what a fun card, so love that image!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips