Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gobble Gobble Gratitude

This week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday video highlighted using dies for masking. My card's not very seasonal, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I used the maple leaf die from the Leaf Prints die set to make a mask from a piece of scrap paper. After securing it to a Summer Sunrise circle with repositionable adhesive, I sponged Orange Zest ink over it--love the look of the two colors together here! Leaving the mask in place, I stamped the narrow text strip of thank you words from Gobble, Gobble (I told you my card wasn't seasonal--LOL!) repeatedly over the sponged leaf in brown ink.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I machine stitched a piece of Summer Sunrise Distressed Dots paper to a Dark Chocolate panel, then wrapped a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon around it. After attaching it to a kraft card base, I added the matted image panel. I used my Bow Easy to make a matching bow that I set at the bottom of the image panel. A trio of copper brads along the bottom of the patterned paper panel balances the simple design.

Materials Used:
Gobble Gobble stamp set, Orange Zest and Dark Chocolate inks, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, and Kraft cardstock, Distressed Dots patterned paper, Leaf Prints die collection (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); copper brads (Making Memories); Bow Easy; sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. may not be seasonal but it still packs a punch-love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea, Lori! It makes a superb gratitude card that highlights both the season and the sentiment so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this relly pops. Great card Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the typo, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips