Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happiness Is a Wet Puddle

I have just a quick post tonight to share my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. Since storms are approaching and the power around here is very unreliable in both very rainy and very snowy weather, I figure I should get this posted before the rain starts. With the rain approaching it seems appropriate that my card uses the adorable Wet Puddle set from The Cat's Pajamas.

I colored the set's sweet character with Copic markers and added silver Liquid Pearl buttons, too (my dots got a little blobbier than I would have liked . . .). After cutting the image out, I set it on a simple scene. I drew in the sidewalk, then added a dotted blue panel above it as the sky. I lightly rubbed some shimmery white ink over the raised dots for a raindrop-ish effect. A strip of felt grass divides the sidewalk from the sky. And, I added an acetate "puddle" underneath the yellow rain boots--too sweet!

The cardfront is covered with a dotted paper from an older October Afternoon collection. I used a solid yellow strip along the bottom so I could stamp the set's "happiness is a wet puddle" there. A trio of buttons, threaded with linen thread, fills in the empty right side of the card. Perfect for a rainy spring day!

Materials Used:
Wet Puddle stamp set, ivory linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink , Brilliance Moonlight White(Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marina Mist Classic ink, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Night Light Collection Kit (October Afternoon); Blueberry Sky buttons (Papertrey Ink); cloud and grass dies (My Favorite Things); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape; felt; acetate

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Lori. I love the embossed dots as rain. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so SWEET, Lori! I love this image so much. Awesome 'raindrops'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and your coloring ROCKS! Totally adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute Lori:) Love the 'sidewalk'!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips