Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Springtime with Our Craft Lounge

Here are my last projects as April’s Artist of the Month at Our Craft Lounge. These spring themed projects were featured on the OCL blog yesterday.

This card is a clean and simple design that shows off one of the pretty flower images from the new Build-a-Bouquet stamp set. I stamped the flower twice on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then cut out the center of one of the colored images to layer over the other flower for a dimensional look. The flower’s center is covered with Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly Fluff for a fun look.

I cut a piece of paper from Echo Park’s Springtime Collection Kit to use for the large panel on my pink cardfront. After attaching it to the card, I ran a strip of yellow ruffle edged faux suede ribbon down the cardfront. The end of the ribbon is covered by a blue Labels 4 diecut, stamped with the “you’re the best” sentiment from the Big Thanks set. I added my layered flower at the corner of the die to finish the card.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Build-a-Bouquet and Big Thanks stamp sets and Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly Fluff, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, 18, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG25, R81), Echo Park Springtime Collection Kit, May Arts yellow ruffle edge faux suede ribbon, Spellbinders Labels 4 (large) die, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Pink Pirouette and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)


This one is a bright and cheerful birthday card featuring one of the bird images from the Tweet Thang stamp set. I colored the bird image in shades of yellow and orange before layering it on an orange mat.

I used a piece of busy floral paper from Jillibean Soup’s Blossom Soup pad for the cardfront’s large panel (don’t look too close, or you’ll notice that I put the paper on the card upside down—LOL!). A strip of red twill runs down the cardstock to the image panel. I added a matching red bow to dress it up a little. The “happy birthday” sentiment is stamped on a yellow panel that runs across the card. The colors are a combination I probably wouldn’t use much, but I love the warm, happy feel that’s the result.

Thanks to Our Craft Lounge for having me as a guest this month. I’ve enjoyed being a part of the OCL family!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Thang stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y000, Y00, Y17, Y35, 38, YR12, YR15, YR16, R21, W00, W-1), Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup 6 x 6 paper pad, May Arts red twill, Bow Easy, Spellbinders circle dies

other: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips