Saturday, May 14, 2011

Go 4 It

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I wasn’t sure about this one at first, but once I decided to flip the layout over, it came together pretty quickly.

I used the little girl from the I Get a Kick Out of You set as my focal image, turning her into a soccer player this time with a little masking. She’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set her on a die cut felt grass strip using foam tape. The blue on blue gingham paper makes a fun backdrop—kind of sky-like with a little added interest from the pattern. I machine stitched around the edges before setting it on the cardfront.

I used the banner strip die to make a small layered pennant. I stamped “ go 4 it” on the pennant in blue ink before attaching it to the card with some baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence I Get a Kick Out of You and Mini Alphabet stamp sets, Die-namics grass and banner strip dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); green baker's twine (Divine Twine); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); green felt; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips