Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Background Tweets Group Challenge


It's time for this month's Clear and Simple Stamps group challenge. This month, the design team is showing you different ways to use stamps to create your own background papers.


I used a fun technique along with some stamping to create the background paper used on my card. To start things off, I placed a white cardstock panel (1/4 sheet of cardstock) on my ScorPal on a slant and simply made score marks at 1" intervals. I flipped the paper around and repeated to get intersecting score lines--an important part of my design strategy.


The next step was to stamp my pattern. I stamped the small solid heart image from the Tweet Notes set in Haute Red Couture ink at the point where each of the lines intersected. This is a great way to use some of those tiny images included in your stamp sets.

Once I had the patterned paper complete, I assembled the rest of the card. I cut the paper down slightly to layer on my red card base. For the focal image. I stamped the small bird pair from Tweet Notes, sitting on the set's branch image. The "love birds" sentiment is stamped underneath them and the set's small dotted heart image is stamped between them and filled in with some glitter. A little folded ribbon and a trio of clear crystals finishes things off.

Be sure to visit the rest of the CSS team for more inspiration and ideas for making your own background papers. Here's where to find them:

Amber Daigre
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Duran
Kim Howard
Laurie Willison
Viola Mahr
CSS Blog

And, for more CSS inspiration, be sure to check out the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. A new, exclusive project is shared every day. You can find more information on downloading the app here. Today, one of my projects is up. Here's a tiny sneak peek at what you'll see on the app.

Materials Used:
Tweet Notes stamp set, Haute Red Couture and Dish All the Dirt Brown inks, Haute Red Couture and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (YG01, YG13, YG25, B000)A Blanc Check satin ribbon, ScorPal (Clear and Simple Stamps); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); clear crystals (Studio 18); small clear crystals (Taylored Expressions)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I just love how you created the background. I was wondering how you made each stamp line up so perfectly - you are so clever to think of using your ScorPal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card Lori, love the heart shaped background with the scoring.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips