Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Whale of a Hello

With summer here, I have the beach on my mind, so I made a fun, beachy themed card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge. The sketch was perfect for creating a simple summer scene.

I used the whale image from the new Shout It Out set as my focal image. I colored the whale with Copic markers and sprayed it with some Shimmer Spritz for a subtle sparkle. It’s set on a wave-bottomed panel using dimensional dots. The set’s “hello!” sentiment is stamped next to the image in blue ink.

I used a piece of wave patterned paper from Echo Park’s sun and fun themed Splash paper pad for the large panel behind the image. To continue the wave theme, I embossed a light blue panel with a wavy pattern, then sprayed it with some of the same shimmer spray I used on the whale. After arranging all the pieces on a light blue cardfront, I added a felt cloud and a button sun, tied with a little orange baker’s twine to finish the summery scene.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Shout It Out stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks and Frost Shimmer Spritz, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (B000, 0000, B12, B14), Echo Park Splash 6 x 6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle dies, Divine Twine orange baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); D’Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); corner rounder; white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips