Monday, July 18, 2011

A Melon Thanks

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. From start to finish, this simple summery thank you took me just 20 minutes to assemble.

I was inspired by the slice of watermelon in the inspiration photo provided for the challenge. I used Papertrey Ink's watermelon die to cut felt pieces to assemble a watermelon slice. The seeds were added with dots of black Enamel Accents--works great on the felt!

After assembling the watermelon slice, I built the rest of the card. I layered a pair of cardstock squares, one solid and one dot embossed, on a square kraft card base. The "thanks a melon" sentiment from PTI's Fruit Fusion: Melon set is stamped on a white circle in pink ink and attached to the center of the card. I tied some dark pink baker's twine through a green button and set it at the left side of the sentiment. The watermelon piece is adhered at an angle just above the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Fruit Fusion: Melon stamp set, Fruit Fusion: Melon die, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, and Kraft cardstock, Hibiscus Burst and Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Black Enamel Accents (Ranger); pink baker's twine (The Twinery); button (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips