Thursday, July 14, 2011

Teeny Trees Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I went pretty clean and simple using my new Teeny Trees set along with one of WMS’s large gingham stamps to make my own background paper.

I was a little hesitant at first about the gingham stamps since I have had trouble lining up a quarter sheet’s worth of stamped images like these well enough to satisfy the perfectionist in me. I was thrilled to find these were super easy to line up and I was successful on my very first try. I used Kiwi Kiss on white to make this pretty panel. It’s machine stitched to a coordinating Kiwi Kiss panel, then set on a kraft card base.

For the focal image, I stamped one of the tree trunk images, then added a few green leaves to the ends. I used a grass border punch to make a base for the tree. The pair of circle panels on each side of the tree panel is embossed with a dot pattern to add interest. Before attaching the tree panel to overlap the dotted circles, I stretched a piece of dark brown twill over them for some contrast and texture. The “thank you” sentiment from the Teeny Trees set fit nicely underneath the tree panel.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees and Gingham & Co. stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); grass border punch, brown twill (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. EEK, your gingham IS so perfect, Lori! I love it in that color. Such a sweet happy scene, and I love the grassy border you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card - the gingham is amazing!! Love the little tree and the texture in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeppers, love the tree, great use of the sketch....thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips