Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thanks Berry Much

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. To match the super hot summer weather we're having here, I went with a summery berry themed card using the Who's That Harvesting Girl set.

The image is colored with Copic markers. When I was completely done with the card, I realized I'd forgotten to stamp the berries in the basket, so I managed to go back and stamp the berry image and color it without it looking too awful.

To match the berry basket image, I used a piece of berry patterned paper for the panel on the left side of the card. I kept the rest of the pieces coordinating solids, including a berry-colored piece that runs across the card. The set's "thanks berry much" sentiment is stamped on this piece. I used a die cut and some felt to create the little berry embellishment. The seeds are made with dots of black Enamel Accents. Love how this works on felt!

Materials Used:
Who's That Harvesting Girl stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Fruitti Tutti patterned paper, medium scallop and berry dies, Berry Sorbet ribbon, Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Black Enamel Accents (Ranger)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! Love the berry theme and how you colored the image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips