Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bee-ing You

As soon as I saw it, I knew that one of my new Authentique paper pads had the perfect color scheme to pair with the cute little bee image from My Favorite Things. I used the image and paper for this card made for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.

The bee image is colored with Copic markers. I added just a little bit of Star Dust Stickles to the wings for an iridescent look.

The rest of the card shows off the pretty Authentique paper. I used a dotted pattern to cover most of the cardfront with a diagonal gingham pattern as an accent across the card. A strip of grosgrain ribbon, tied into a bow, adds a little texture to the panel. The "thank you" sentiment is stamped onto a circle shape and attached to the card with foam tape.

Materials Used:
Bee Yourself stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray cardstock, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Blissful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); circle punches (EK Success); Star Dust Stickles (Ranger); foam tape; Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips