Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Color Throwdown 153-Relax


I’m thrilled to be joining the Color Throwdown crew again as a guestie again this month while some of the regular designers enjoy a well-deserved break. This week’s colors—Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Old Olive, and White--are brought to us by Broni.

I used the new House Notes II set from Clear and Simple Stamps as well as their equivalents of the challenge colors for my card. The set’s sofa image is paper pieced on a scrap of dotted olive paper. I stamped the couch a second time and just cut out the cushions so I could use foam tape to attach them to the couch for a super-stuffed look.

I set the couch on a piece of kraft cardstock, scored on the diagonal (hard to see in the photo, but I promise, it is!). Where the scored lines intersect, I dotted a bit of white Enamel Accents for a decorative look. After setting a piece of white paper doily at the bottom of the kraft panel to serve as a rug, I used foam tape to put the couch in place. The set’s “relax” sentiment is stamped beneath it in Kraft Like a Rockstar Green ink. I set the cozy little scene on a Trendsetter Blue card base and wrapped some ribbon around it, tying it off with a button-embellished bow.

I hope you’ll give this pretty color scheme a try. Be sure to link up your creation on the CTD blog so we can all check it out. And, visit these CTD team members for ideas and inspiration:
Broni
Barbara
Carole
Danielle
Tammy
Keva

Materials Used:
House Notes II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Kraft Like a Rockstar Green inks, Trendsetter Blue and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green satin ribbon, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Stella & Rose-Gertie 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); twine (Papertrey Ink); white Enamel Accents (Ranger); paper doily (Wilton); ScorBuddy; foam tape

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you on the team this month!! You have an awesome knack for colours! LOVE this card too btw:) And you haven't dished on CHA yet! Start a message board in the hub girl!!! I need to live vicariously through others;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the quilted bg and the doily with the sofa! Looks like grandma's livingroom! Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this image looks fantastic with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most excellent card design, Lori! I love your doily rug and how you dotted the intersected lines with the enamel! Brilliant! I'm so glad you're joining us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute, Lori! I love how the area above the couch looks upholstered, and the doily is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! That sofa is really cool and I like the layout a lot.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips