Monday, September 19, 2011

Give Thanks

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to highlight leaves. I picked the leaves from Papertrey Ink’s Autumn Acorn set and paired them with warm colors and a little texture on this quick design. I say “quick” even though it took four different stamp sets to pull this one together!

The die cut leaves are the focal point of my design. I used the rock and roll technique to get the subtle two toned look. The leaves are set so they extend off the bottom edge of a die cut kraft panel stamped with a woodgrain image. The sentiment strip runs across the woodgrain panel, meeting the leaves at their stems. I anchored the strip and the leaves with a wooden button, tied with a little baker’s twine. The panel at the bottom of the card is stamped with a tone on tone houndstooth pattern. Something about the pattern just screams “fall” to me . . .

Materials Used:
Autumn Acorns, Modern Wood Mats, Falling Leaves, and Background Basics: Houndstooth stamp sets, Harvest Gold, Terracotta Tile, Vintage Cream, and Kraft cardstock, Mat Stack #1, Double-Ended Banner, and Autumn Acorns Collection dies (Papertrey Ink); More Mustard, Dusty Durango and Crumb Cake Classic inks (Stampin’ Up!); Vivid Straw ink (Clearsnap); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); wood button (Michaels); kraft baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Loving all the different patterns on this card!! The colors are wonderful too!! I really like how the leaves are hanging down too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and I love the button w/ Timeless Twine =D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips