Monday, October 24, 2011

Get Well Goodie Bag

For the latest Lawnscaping challenge to use paper piecing, I made a simple little get well gift starting with a tiny kraft paper bag. I noticed the bag was the perfect size for a tea bag and I thought that would make the perfect little pick-me up gift for a sick friend.

I paper pieced the tissue box image from Lawn Fawn's On the Mend set with a scrap of patterned paper. The tissue coming out of the top is a piece of tissue paper that's inserted into a slit I made at the top of the image. I used dimensional dots to set the box on a yellow cardstock strip edged with a dotted paper strip at the top and some ruffled trim along the bottom. After stamping the set's "get well soon" sentiment in blue ink, I attached the panel to the little bag. To dress it up a little more, I made a liner for the inside of the bag using more of the same paper I used for the tissue box. I got the nicely curved shape to match the bag's by cutting the top edge of the panel with a circle die before putting it in place. I slipped a tea bag inside and it's ready to go! I think I'll keep this in my desk at work so I'll have it ready to give to a co-worker when the inevitable winter cold and flu season arrives.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn On the Mend stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks, Lily Bee This & That 6x6 paper pad, Maya Road cream ruffle edge trim, Canvas Corp. kraft mini bag, Spellbinders circle die, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white tissue paper

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lori..... I Love this....soooo cute, the paper tissue look so real,love the ruffled too. The paper piecing you used so perfect. Thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love this... And your colors and patterns are sure to cheer someone up if they are feeling under the weather! Thank you so much for playing along in our paper piecing challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute, Lori! Your paper piecing looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, would definitely help lift my spirits if I were under the weather. Paper piecing the tissue box is a great idea

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips