Sunday, October 23, 2011

Make a Wish

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. All of the layers are a little outside of my comfort zone, but I think I got it to work!

I used the a la modes Dream Big girl as my focal image. She's colored with Copic markers and the panel is cut using the out of the box technique so that her leg extends beyond the bottom edge of the panel.

I used three different papers from the My Mind's Eye Dwell pad. The pastel tones worked nicely with the peaceful feel I was going for in my design. The two smaller panels are matted on aqua panels, then set on the dotted panel over a pair of yellow satin ribbon strips. I used pieces of sentiments from two different Pure Innocence sets to come up with the "make a wish" sentiment. The silver star was a last minute addition--I think it's the perfect finishing touch!

Materials Used:
a la modes Dream Big and Pure Innocence Better Get Better and Make Mine a Double stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, ticket corner punch (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Six by Six-Dwell paper pad (My Mind's Eye); yellow satin ribbon (Michaels); silver wooden star (Hobby Lobby)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips