Monday, October 31, 2011

Nuts About You

Here’s my super quick card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use red, cream, and brown. I used the acorn die and matching stamp set from Li’l Inker Designs along with this week’s sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping to pull this together in less than 10 minutes.

I started with a panel of red and cream designer paper that I matted on a chocolate brown panel. The panel is attached to a cream panel, then a chocolate card base. I die cut the acorn pieces from kraft and chocolate brown scraps. To add interest, I stamped one of the matching acorn top stamps on the top of the acorn before attaching it to the card with foam tape. I stamped the “nuts about you” sentiment on a notch-edged strip and set that on the cardfront with one end tucked under the acorn.

Now, as promised, a photo of Chloe the cutie puppy all decked out in her Halloween costume. This year, I found one that was just perfect for her feisty personality—a super sparkly red devil. She looks absolutely adorable in her costume, though I probably should have bought it a size smaller and I’ll be cleaning up stray teeny, tiny red sequin-y things from my kitchen floor for the rest of my life . . . Chloe’s been a real trouper about wearing it. She wore the costume at a local pet store’s Halloween event for an hour and a half yesterday and is wearing it again tonight to help answer the door. I think she associates wearing the costume with food and if there's food involved, Chloe's all in! The matching devil’s horns are another story completely, though. She is not a fan of anything on her head, no matter how cute it makes her look!


Materials Used:
Acorn stamp set and die (Li’l Inker Designs); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Vintage Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips