Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop


This month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop is an inspiration challenge based on this seasonal photo found here. I made a clean and simple card inspired by the colors, patterns, and images in the photo.

Instead of making pumpkins the focus of my design, I used leaves. I stamped the leaf pair from Autumn Acorns on cream cardstock in Orange Zest ink. While playing around with the arrangement of images on the card, I found that one of the single leaf images is the same size as the smaller one in the pair image, so I stamped that leaf, too, and attached it to the pair with foam tape.

I attached a plaid panel from the Autumn Abundance paper pad to a kraft card base, then ran a strip of Ripe Avocado ribbon across the panel. The “ever so grateful” sentiment is stamped in brown just beneath the ribbon. I added the leaves at the opposite side. To fill in a little white space, I added an orange half-circle to the top of the plaid panel and accented it with a pair of copper brads. The warm copper color was the perfect complement to the rest of the card's colors.

Materials Used:
Autumn Acorns stamp set, Orange Zest and Dark Chocolate inks, Orange Zest, Kraft, and Vintage Cream cardstock, Autumn Acorns die collection, Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success); copper brads (Making Memories); foam tape

16 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the colours you chose and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves are so cute!! Love the tab you added to the side! A very nice finishing touch!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design! Love the texture the ribbon adds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super clean and simple - perfect! Love those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool design! I love that plaid panel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and simple - don't you think kraft is perfect for autumn projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you used the colors, and that plaid background is great. A lovely Autumn card! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great plaid background with the grouping of the leaves! Great card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Amy. I love the little tab detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry I wrote Amy, instead of Lori! It's getting a little late for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you focused on the leaves! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips