Thursday, November 24, 2011

Apple of My Eye

Here’s my card for the latest Lawnscaping challenge. The challenge was to be inspired by a photo featuring a rustic basket full of apples set on a wood surface with fall leaves scattered all around it. I used the apples as my starting point to design this sweet card.

For the focal image, I stamped the apple image from the My Silly Valentine set on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out, then used a dimensional dot to attach it to a cream circle. It’s attached to a kraft card base that I covered with a wide strip of patterned paper.

To incorporate the texture from the burlap basket liner in the photo, I cut a long strip of burlap fabric and wrapped that along the length of the card, then layered the image panel over that. The burlap attached easily with a length of ScorTape. I found some matching burlap string and used that to make a bow to set at the top of the image panel. The set’s “you are the apple of my eye” sentiment is stamped on the patterned paper panel in black ink.

Don't forget about the big Black Friday sale going on at i {heart} papers through Sunday--use the code blackdt25 for 25% off your order of $35 or more (in stock items only, not valid for gift certificate purchases). Enjoy!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, YG17, YG25), Lily Bee Design Memorandum Tiny Tablet, Spellbinders circle dies, May Arts burlap string, ScorTape, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); copper brads (Recollections)

2 comments:

  1. How cute is this! I love the use of the burlap!!!!! So glad you joined us for this challenge Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this card so cute, sweet and adorable...the colors and design you use is fabulous...Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips