Saturday, November 26, 2011

Love You to the Moon

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. For this one, I went with a space theme and bright, primary colors.

I used the Pure Innocence Astronaut Girl as my focal image. I colored the girl with Copic markers and cut her out. She's layered on a navy die cut tag that I decorated with a piece of a circle-embossed yellow circle. I'm hoping it kind of looks like a moon--that's what I had going on in my mind!

A multi-colored striped panel covers most of the cardfront. I added a solid red panel along the bottom with a piece of red grosgrain ribbon separating it from the patterned panel. After layering the tag on to the card with a bow made from the same red ribbon, I stamped the "I love you to the moon and back" sentiment at the bottom of the card. A pair of star brads at the top of the card add one last space-themed element to the design.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Astronaut Girl stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, Crushed Curry, and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rocket Age 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); tag die (Sizzix); dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); red grosgrain ribbon, red button (Michaels); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); silver star brads (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips