Friday, November 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink November Blog Hop


Here's my card for this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop. Even though the inspiration photo provided has a holiday look and feel, I went with a non-holiday design since I don't do Christmas cards. Instead, I used the colors and other elements in the photo for inspiration.

I focused on the greenery draped along the bannister and that led me to using the bird and leafy branch from Little Bitty Bird as my focal image. The bird is die cut from red felt for a nice textured element. It sits on the branch with the "thanks so much" sentiment from one of the Tag Its sets stamped underneath it.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I arranged a few different length pieces beneath the image panel, offsetting the ends to kind of echo the stairs in the photo. I purposely mixed different widths, textures, patterns, and edges to add interest. A big red button, tied with linen thread, anchors the arrangement.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird and Tag Its #1 stamp sets, Dark Chocolate ink, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft, and Vintage Cream cardstock, 2009 Bitty Box Basics patterned paper, medium scallop edge and Little Bitty Bird dies, Pure Poppy felt, Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); marker (Copic); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

25 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, Lori. I love all the layers below the focal point

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and layers, and I just adore the sweet felt birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a little red cardinal for the holidays, this is simply adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! That little bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love your non-Christmas take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clean layout design! Those layers give this card great balance. I love this non Christmas take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is DARLING! LOVE the bird on the bough and the layers of papers! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever to turn the card into something other than a Christmas card. I like your layering, and I am a sucker for anything with that little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty, Lori. Love the red felt and button accents~~that little bird, is the cutest :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of the felt. What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cute little bird! I love your layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the composition of your card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Lori! Another precious card. I love the little bird and your border details are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little birdy is just too sweet on your card. Love your take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty gotta love that little red bird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun card, lori. i love the little red birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun and bright card with the little red bird and tree branch. Love the layering of red paper, ribbon and the button at the bottom of the card. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Geat design Lori. I love the little bird and the pop of green really shows off the red to good advantage.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips