Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thank Shoe

Over the long holiday weekend, I got caught up on the final two Viva la Verve sketches for November. Using the same Lily Bee Design patterned paper pad for both cards helped these to come together quickly.

The first card is a simple thank you using the Better with You set. I know I've said it before, but even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I love coffee themed stamp sets! Here, I used the set's to go cup image along with the "thanks a latte" sentiment as the focal image. The cup's attached to the panel with foam tape.

I picked a red and blue plaid pattern to cover most of the cardfront and selected the rest of the elements to coordinate with that. A solid red strip runs along the left side of the card. A narrow piece of red ribbon adds a little texture to the strip. A blue dot embossed panel sits underneath the image panel and a plain kraft one runs across everything. The only other embellishment I added was a pair of copper brads.

Materials Used:
Better with You stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happily Lost Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle die (Cuttlebug); Bow Easy; copper brads (Recollections); foam tape


Here's the second card. At first, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to work with this sketch--it's a little outside of my comfort zone with all of the layers and non-symmetrical panels. Once I decided to arrange the sketch's elements on a solid card base instead of a patterned paper panel, it came together quickly.

I started with a rich red base. For the half circle panel, I used a piece of a paper doily, which was perfect for my girly theme. I attached a strip of patterned paper across the cardfront, hiding the bottom of the doily, then knotted a piece of white satin ribbon around it. For the image panel, I stamped the high heeled shoe from the Express Yourself set on a red scrap and cut it out, then layered it on a pair of cardstock squares before setting it on the card.

The "you've got style" sentiment is stamped in red ink on a white circle. I placed a rose notch-edged strip underneath the sentiment. A pair of silver brads fills in the open space next to the end of the rose strip. I decided to leave off the photo corner in the upper right corner of the card--it wouldn't have fit even if I'd wanted to include it. Considering my initial feelings about the sketch, I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); Cherry Cobbler, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happily Lost Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver brads (Recollections); white satin ribbon (?); paper doily (Wilton); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips