Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dream Big

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I went with one of the My Favorite Things à la mode girlies for this sweet card.

The moon-perched girl is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the small multicolored patterned paper panel she’s layered over. I added a pale blue outline to the edges of the image for a hint of sky around it. The set’s “dream big” sentiment is stamped in the open space in blue ink.

The panels are layered on a blue gingham patterned panel. I machine stitched around the panel, keeping pretty close to the edge so the stitching would still be visible with the panels in place. A strip of blue grosgrain ribbon stretches across the cardfront, flush with the top of the small patterned paper panel. A super shiny silver wood star made the perfect finishing touch for the card.

Materials Used:
à la modes Dream Big stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Marina Mist Classic ink, Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Everyday Flair Six by Six paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Sweet Nectar paper pad (K & Company); silver wood star (Hobby Lobby); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. perfect image for that sentiment!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    xo, Kristina
    Please stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a perfect image I specially love the moon of this display image..:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips