Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'll Drink to That!

I just got a few of the Moonlight Whispers Everyday Girls from Kraftin' Kimmie--love these fun girlies! I put the celebratory Sophia image to use for this week's Cute Card Thursday sketch. She was a little tall for the sketch, so I had to make a few adjustments, but I think you can still see the sketch's basic elements . . .

Sophia is colored with Copic markers. I left room on the image panel to stamp the accompanying "I'll drink to that" sentiment alongside the colored image.

I used a combination of pink, gray, and silver papers for the panels on the cardfront. I went with a plain dark gray for the largest panel, knowing that it would be mostly covered by the other layers. An elegant piece of pink patterned paper was layered on next. I used a sparkly silver strip for the long panel to the left of the image panel. After running a scrap of wrinkly silver ribbon I found in my scrap pile across the cardfront, I added a pale pink panel at an angle, then set the colored image on top of that. A trio of white pearls are clustered at the bottom of the image panel to keep with the card's elegant look and feel.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Sophia stamp set (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papetrey Ink); silver paper (Recollections); Uncommon 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); silver ribbon (Michaels); self-adhesive pearls (Recollections)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
    Happy New Year, Debx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips