Friday, December 2, 2011

Kitchen Inspired Joy

Inspiration can come from just about anywhere and Paper Crafts magazine has devoted an entire issue to showing just how this can be done. The Moxie Fab World is featuring several of the inspiration pieces from the issue and inviting readers to create their own projects inspired by the images. My project is based on the kitchen inspiration piece seen here. This simple card is based on the design seen on the glasses. Even though the glasses (and coordinating plate) were probably ones that were designed for use at a casual spring or summer get-together, I thought I could make the starburst-like design into a seasonal wreath image pretty easily.

I stamped one of the doily images from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Large Doily set in green ink on a white panel. To add interest and dimension, I filled in the circles within the doily pattern with self-adhesive half pearls. A pretty satin bow, made with my Bow Easy, sits at the side of the wreath.

On the opposite side, I stamped the word “joy” from the Say It Loud-Winter Holidays set in a slightly darker green ink in a nod to the two-toned design on the plate. The stamped panel is set on an olive card base.

Who would ever have thought that non-cooking me would find inspiration in the kitchen? Certainly not me! It just goes to show you that inspiration can truly come from anywhere.

Materials Used:
Large Doily and Say It Loud-Winter Holidays stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Old Olive cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); green satin ribbon (Michaels); self-adhesive pearls (Recollections); Bow Easy

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lori! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired in the Kitchen Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this interpretation of the challenge! The pearls and bow are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips