Saturday, December 17, 2011

Superstar

Here's a masculine version of this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I used the new Have a Ball set and a coordinating star print paper I've had in my stash for quite a while to put this one together quickly.

I used the star paper to pick the colors for the card. I went with light blue for the card base and shades of orange for the wide strips at the center of the card. The layered die cut shapes bring in more of the paper's colors.

I stamped the circular "superstar" sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink on white paper and punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch--it was a perfect fit. The star is stamped in So Saffron ink on white paper and cut out. I was going to use foam tape to attach it to the card, but in the end, just stuck it directly to the circle.

Materials Used:
Have a Ball stamp set (My Favorite Things); Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock, Peach Parfait Prints designer paper (Stampin' Up!); star designer paper (KI Memories); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); Nesting Labels 2 (Lifestyle Crafts); copper brads (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips