Thursday, December 15, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. It’s a simple sketch, but one with lots of possibilities. I came up with something that’s a little outside of my usual style, but I really like how it turned out.

I used the big star tag from the Seasons of Love Tags set as my focal image. The star was die cut from cream cardstock, stamped with cranberry ink, and rubbed with some distress inks for an aged look.

I used a pair of papers from a Lily Bee Design pad for the panels on the cardfront. I machine stitched around the edges before attaching the paper panels to the kraft card base. A little cream lace near the bottom of the card adds a fun, frilly touch.

The star panel is set directly on the card. It’s topped with a double-looped bow with a super glittery bell at the center. When I say super glittery, I mean super glittery—that glitter has gotten everywhere and on everything. I swear, I even saw some golden sparkles dotting Chloe the cutie puppy’s wet nose! I used a big glue dot to attach the bow to the card and I’m hoping that does the trick to keep it in place . . .

Materials Used:
Seasons of Love Tags stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Jingle Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); star die (Spellbinders); brick piped nylon ribbon (Martha Stewart); bell (Art Minds); lace (Hobby Lobby); sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!
    I love those patterned papers...
    so perfect for that gorgeous star!
    And the ribbon and jingle bell...
    stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motto this Christmas? Every card should JINGLE, hee! I just love the sparkly gold one you used! Those papers remind me of a vintage candy shoppe (as Claire would say!) Awesome festive and cheery Christmas card, Lori! So glad you played with the WMSC this week ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, perfect with the jingle bell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the papers and colours. The star is gorgeous and I do like the sentiment with that lovely sparkly bell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bell and pretty papers you used on this Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love your color combination! And I love your choice of stamps! :) Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Lori! I love that star and the colors you used are so pretty together! Great jingle bell, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so charming Lori!! I love the papers you combined with the star and your sparkly jingle bell!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOri, what a pretty card!!! Hope you're having a great month! Take care and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips