Sunday, December 25, 2011

Warm Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season

Since today's Christmas Day, I figured it was appropriate to share a holiday card to wish all of my readers happy holidays. Here’s the design I settled on for my holiday cards this year.

The cute mitten pair from the Wplus9 Winter Wishes set is my focal image. I stamped the mittens in red ink and cut them out, then added a little bit of clear bling to the center of the snowflake on each mitten. The mittens are strung together on a bit of red baker’s twine.

The mittens are attached to a pink panel with a silver strip along the left edge. After stamping the sentiment beneath the mitten, I added a red notch-edged strip embellished with a small, knotted piece of pink grosgrain ribbon. The panel is set on a plain white card base to make it easy to write a message inside. I did my writing in red ink to make it all match!

Materials Used:
Winter Wishes stamp set (Wplus9); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Real Red and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver shimmer paper (Recollections); clear crystals (Recollections); red baker’s twine (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips