Friday, December 9, 2011

You Make Life Sweet

It was a nice surprise to see my "let's hang out" card selected as one of the winners for the last Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. Here's my super simple, but still sweet, card for the current challenge.

I took my inspiration from the photo's color scheme along with the fun frames featured in the photo--and the yummy looking tower of cupcakes. I used the cupcake image from the Sugar Rush set as my focal image. It's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set the sweet treat inside a circle "frame" I cut from a yellow paper panel, using dimensional dots to attach the image, then coated the top of the treat with some Stickles.

I stamped the sentiment underneath the framed image in blue ink, then added a matching blue strip to the edge of the panel before attaching it to a light blue cardfront, matching the wall backdrop in the inspiration photo. The design needed just a little more detail, so I added on a piece of knotted yellow faux suede ribbon and a pair of clear crystals for good measure.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Sugar Rush stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y21, Y23, Y26, Y32, YR30, E31, E33, B000, B0000), Spellbinders circle die, Ranger Diamond Stickles, May Arts yellow faux suede ribbon, KaiserCraft clear crystals, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

5 comments:

  1. Very adorable, love the colors and the way you used the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright lemony yellow, Lori. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! I love the idea of a blue on blue design--with a pop of yellow! BEAUTIFULLY done:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the two shades of blue that you used with that bright beautiful yellow. Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips