Saturday, January 28, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used a seasonal color combination to make a sweet thank you card.

I used the heart-hugging girl from the Heartfelt set as my focal image. She’s colored in pinks and reds with a touch of white flock on her hat and mittens to add a little texture.

I used two different patterns from a Valentine-themed paper pad for the panels on the cardfront—a more subtle dotted one for the large panel and a fun heart patterned one for the strip across the cardfront. After putting the panels in place, I added a white lacey circle die cut and set the colored image over the circle with foam tape. I stamped the set’s “heartfelt thanks” sentiment on a pink notch-edged strip and attached it to the cardfront, slipping one edge underneath the raised image. Seasonal and sweet!

Materials Used:
Heartfelt stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); lacey circle die (Spellbinders); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so very sweet! I love the gorgeous colours and the sweet layout
    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips