Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TCP Tuesday 192 and New Release Blog Hop


The Cat's Pajamas
is celebrating last night's new release with an inspiration filled blog hop. All of the Cat Pack members have projects to share today using the newest additions to the TCP lineup along with this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge. This week’s challenge from Julie is to use embossing in any form. You should have arrived here from Jen’s blog. If not, head over to Julie to start from the top so you don’t miss a thing.

I used the new Love Stinks set on my card. The penguin duo is stamped in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for a super glossy look. I colored the images with Copic markers before cutting them out and adding them to a snowy scene made from a snowflake embossed panel with shimmery white torn “snowbanks.”

The sweet scene is set on a heart patterned paper panel with machine stitched edges. I added a red Heart Rosette CutUps die cut behind the scene as an accent. A pretty crystal circle dresses up the center of the die cut and frames the “love stinks” sentiment.

Your next stop on the hop is our Swanky Stamper guest, Lisa Henke. We’re so lucky to have her joining us for the hop and I know you’ll love what she has to show you.

Materials Used:
Love Stinks stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, Versafine black ink, CutUps Heart Rosette die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Love Me "Hearts" designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle punches (EK Success); Snowflake embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); clear crystal circle (Recollections); sewing machine; foam tape

11 comments:

  1. So 'stinking' cute! Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how shiny and black the penguins look and they look just perfect with all those snowflakes in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack!! My favorite set!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the snowflakes embossed on the snowy torn cs card... the bling frames the circle SO nicely!!!! FUN release FOR SURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo cute, lori. Love the bling around the sentiment and the funwintery scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely ADORE this card, Lori! Seriously one of my favorites of all the stuff you've made (and you know I LOVE your work!). Everything about it is spot-on perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. This is my favorite set from the new release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! this is awesome!! Love the dry embossed snowflakes and the DP you used:) also, I LOVE you POM this month, I've already made 3 of them! Fabulous printable template, thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute. I love the doily look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! I love how you accented the sentiment!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'squeeee'.... i love penquins and your card.. love the snowflake embossing you have added to it and that sentiment is so true at times.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips