Saturday, January 7, 2012

You Mean the World to Me

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. The sketch has a lot more layers than I’m comfortable with, so it took me a while to come up with something that worked for me, but I do like the end result.

I used the a la modes You Mean the World to Me girl as my focal image. She’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. Since she’s holding a globe in her hands, I went with earthy greens, blue-greens, and browns for the image and for the rest of the card. The image is layered on an aqua circle using foam tape and the “you mean the world to me” sentiment is stamped next to her on the panel in slightly darker blue ink--it shows better IRL than in the photo. The sentiment is a single line of text, so I used my stamp positioner to place it like that.

After covering the card base with a piece of patterned paper, I played around with several different combinations of patterned paper and plain cardstock pieces for the rest of the panels. In the end, I went with a mix of solid cardstock pieces for a simpler look. The little pennant piece at the bottom of the card is accented with a pair of silver brads--my original plan was to put the sentiment there, but once I realized it wouldn't fit, I went to plan B, appropriately the "b"rads.

Materials Used:
a la modes You Mean the World to Me stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake and River Rock cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Free Bird Nest-Comfort & Familiar paper pad (Authentique); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver brads (Recollections); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips