Friday, February 17, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 243

This week’s blogger challenge theme is the seashore. As I was thinking about this challenge, I realized I don’t have many stamps that fit this theme! I ended up going with sea life, using the fun whale image from the Whale of a Time stamp set from The Cat’s Pajamas for my card.

My card is based on this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I paper pieced the whale using a blue on blue paper with a wavy line pattern, omitting the whale’s little nautical cap. I set the whale on a circle panel, nested between a pair of CutUps wave diecuts.

The decorative edged panel that serves as a backdrop for the whale is created from two of the “flap” pieces cut with the CutUps gift card envie die—love how you can use this die for multiple purposes! A strip of blue paper runs between the two panels. The set’s “ahoy there” sentiment is stamped on a piece of patterned paper that coordinates nicely with the rest of the card’s colors. I mentioned earlier in my post that when I stamped the whale image, I omitted its hat. That was because I wanted to add in a crystal flourish behind the whale and didn’t want the hat to hide the pretty sparkle!

For more seashore themed ideas, check out the link list below. And, if you’d like to join the challenge, add a direct link to your new project below.

Materials Used:
Whale of a Time stamp set, CutUps Wave and Gift Card Envie dies (Our Craft Lounge); Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Splash 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); clear crystal flourish (Recollections)

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! How cute is that adorable little whale and what a clever idea to add the blingy flourish for the water spout...sooo clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the whale through the waves and the bling for the water spouting is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love the paper pieced whale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling creation Lori! Love the fun mix of colors! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips