Monday, March 26, 2012

All About Celebrating You

Today's SCS clean and simple challenge is an inspiration challenge based on a photo featuring a two tiered tray with an array of pastel frosted cupcakes. I took my inspiration from the pastel colors and the round shape of the cupcakes to create this simple birthday card using the Heart-2-Heart #2 stamp set from Papertrey Ink.

I stamped one of the set's balloon images three times in three shades of pastel inks--yellow, green, and pink. The pink one was stamped on a cardstock scrap and attached to the white panel with foam tape. I used my sewing machine to stitch a string extending down from each balloon. A pink baker's twine bow "gathers" the strings together.

The set's celebratory sentiment is stamped on a pink panel that I set on the image panel, folding the edge around the panel's edge. I layered the stamped panel on a pink cardfront for one final pastel touch.

Materials Used:
Heart-2-Heart #2 stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Dandelion, and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips