Thursday, March 22, 2012

Get it in Gear

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge. I made the sketch a little taller to fit the tall Moonlight Whispers Carole image I chose for my card.

Carole’s colored with Copic markers to match the patterned papers I used on the cardfront. I did a little fancy, out of the box cutting with my Spellbinders die and a craft knife so that her ponytail extends beyond the edge of the image panel. I also used a fine-tip black pen and a ruler to draw in a sidewalk beneath the image so it didn’t look like she was floating in space.

I used a combination of spring-like patterns and coordinating solids for the cardfront. Once everything was in place, I stamped the “get it in gear” sentiment from the Steampunk Sentiments collection in coordinating green ink and set that in place on the cardfront. It wasn't meant to go with this image, but I think it works pretty well with it! A trio of golden yellow buttons, threaded with hemp twine, completed the design.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Carole image and Steampunk Sentiments stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Summertime designer papers (Echo Park); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); hemp twine (Hemptique); buttons

4 comments:

  1. super fun!! love your coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute!!! Love the papers and colors you used! Beautfully colored too! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie and good luck!!! Hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors, nice and bright and perfect for this image. Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmie's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lori! Love the fun colours and great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips