Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just Poppin' Up

Kate’s recently started to carry some sets from Gourmet Rubber Stamps at i {heart} papers. If you were a fan of Lizzie Anne Designs, I think you’ll love what GRS has to offer, since lots of it is drawn by the very same artists. You can see Kate’s selection of GRS sets here.

I just got the In the Kitchen set and put it to use along with the current GRS “recipe,” or sketch, for this fun card. The set’s toaster image is the focal image. I colored it with Copic markers, cut it out, and attached it to a red circle with dimensional dots.

I love the look of red and aqua together, so I went with that on my card. I used two different Lily Bee Design paper pads for the panels on my card—a floral one underneath the image panel and a red gingham one at the bottom of the cardfront. Something about that gingham pattern makes me think of a country kitchen . . .

I knotted a piece of coordinating red twill around the top of the gingham panel. The “just poppin’ up to say hi” sentiment is stamped on a die cut tab piece. I slipped the bottom edge of the stamped panel underneath the patterned paper panel so it appears that it’s “popping” up like the toast from the toaster. Too fun!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Gourmet Rubber Stamps In the Kitchen set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, E25, E31, E33, C-1, C-3, C-5), Lily Bee Design Double Dutch and Handmade Tiny Tablets, May Arts red twill,
Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Poppy Parade cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); mini tab die (My Favorite Things); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Well this is just delish & darling all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute! Love the bright colors with that adorable image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips