Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sending Good Vibes

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  I love Laura's clean and simple style and picked this music themed card to recreate.

I used the guitar image from the Market Street Stamps Hippie Chic set for my focal image. It's colored with Copic markers and cut out so that it could be attached to the kraft card base with dimensional dots.

Instead of stamping the lines of musical notes from Market Street's Vintage Music background stamp directly on the cardfront, I stamped them in brown ink on a strip of white correction tape, then inked the edges with some distress ink to create a washi tape-like piece.  I have tons of this tape from my kindergarten teaching days--we called it "boo-boo tape" and used it to fix errors on shared and interactive writing pieces. Glad I can find a way to use it now!  After setting the tape across the cardfront and adding the guitar image, I stamped the set's "sending good vibes your way" sentiment just underneath the tape strip.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Market Street Stamps Hippie Chic and Vintage Music stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa ink, , X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, E31, E33, C-3, C-5), Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); clear crystals (Taylored Expressions); correction tape (3M)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips