Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sun and Star

With July about to end, it was time to finish up my cards for this month's Viva la Verve sketches.  I put these two together in less than 45 minutes total.

Here's my card for week 4's sketch. Once I decided to use the Lil' Inker Designs sun die as my little accent piece on the sentiment panel, everything fell right into place on this one.

I used Verve's Sunshine Plain Jane as my focal image, stamping it in a yellow-gold ink on a white oval, then adding the die cut sun at the top of the panel with foam tape for some dimension.

I took my cues for the color scheme from the card's sunshine theme, even going as far as to use papers from a collection called Sunny Side Up for the card. The blue-red-orange-yellow color scheme was perfect here!  The panels are layered on blue mats and accented with a little blue grosgrain ribbon, then set on a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Sunshine Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold ink (Papertrey Ink); Sunny Side Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); sun die (Lil' Inker Designs); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

And, here's my card for week 5's sketch, which also has a twist of clean and simple--which is my favorite style!  I made a simple masculine birthday card, which also fits Verve's current birthday themed Diva Dare.

I used the "enjoy your day" sentiment from the Big Wish set as my focal image. It's stamped in a warm gray (almost kraft-colored) ink on a cream panel.

The panel on the left side of the card is a scrap of graphic style patterned paper in masculine looking colors.  For texture, I wrapped the panel with some hemp twine before layering the sentiment panel on top.  A gold felt star finishes off the design--and hides the spot where the wrapped twine overlaps!

Materials Used:
Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Tides cardstock, Shooting Stars die, Harvest Gold felt (Papertrey Ink); Wet Cement Mid-Tone ink (Hero Arts); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); oval dies (Spellbinders); hemp twine (Hemptique)

2 comments:

  1. super sweet Lori, so glad you joined us at verve for the Diva Dare...have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are just scrumptious, Lori! Love that sunshine card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips