Friday, August 3, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 267

This week’s blogger challenge is to alter something. I dressed up a plain clipboard I picked up at the craft store to make a chalkboard to-do list.

When I chose the clipboard, I was careful to pick one that had an easy to remove clip at the top. That way, I could take the clip off while I worked on the clipboard (instead of having to work around it) and replace it at the end when I was done.

After taking off the clip, I painted most of the clipboard with some chalkboard paint. I used two coats of paint, letting the paint dry for an hour between coats. Since I planned to attach some patterned paper to the bottom of the clipboard, I left it unpainted.

Once the paint had dried, I added some patterned paper at the bottom of the clipboard. The top of the paper’s edged with some washi tape for contrast—and to add one more layer securing the paper to the surface. I used the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler set and white pigment ink to stamp “just a  note” on the chalkboard section.  Since I want to be able to use the clipboard without worrying about messing it up too much, I kept the embellishments simple, adding just a trio of twine-threaded buttons beneath the sentiment.

For more altered project ideas, check out the projects linked below. And, feel free to create a new altered project of your own and link it up for the challenge.

Materials Used:
Sentiment Sampler stamp set (Paper Smooches); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Blush Dot designer paper (BoBunny); plaid tape (Recollections); green buttons (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique); chalkboard paint (Martha Stewart); Mod Podge; clipboard

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips