Sunday, August 26, 2012

Clean and Simple Verve

Here are my cards for this month’s final two Viva la Verve sketches for the month of August. Both are clean and simple designs, but one's more on the masculine side while the other's more feminine.

This one’s for week 3’s sketch. I ended up flipping the sketch upside down for my design. I used one of the quotes from Verve's Words of Wisdom set as my focal image. It’s stamped in green ink on a cream decorative label panel, then layered on a navy mat.

I used a piece of chevron patterned paper for the large panel on the cardfront. It’s also layered on a navy mat to tie the elements together. After knotting a piece of celery twill around the olive panel, I set the patterned paper and sentiment panels on the cardfront. The olive panel’s layered on a navy cardfront—I’ve already stuck a white cardstock panel inside so that it will be easy to write a message inside it.

Materials Used: 
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Bamboo Leaves ink (Tsukineko); Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Certainly Celery twill (Stampin’ Up!); Indie Chic-Citron "Grow" Sherbet designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders) 

And, this one’s for week 4.  I unexpectedly found myself in need of a sympathy card yesterday, so I thought I'd use the sketch to make one.

I used the flower pair from the Kind Words stamp set for the focal image.  The stamp was inked with distress markers, then lightly misted with water before it was stamped on a cream panel. 

I set the stamped panel on a pink and cream dotted paper panel along with a half-oval stamped with the set's "with sympathy" sentiment.  A strip of cream lace trim runs across the panel at the top of the half oval piece.  I used some twine to hand stitch a pair of x's near the top right edge of the stamped panel before attaching the panel to a cream card base.

Materials Used:
Kind Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint distress markers (Ranger); Very Vanilla and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); 5 & Dime 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); oval die (Spellbinders); cream lace trim (Hobby Lobby); twine (Hemptique)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips