Sunday, August 5, 2012

Have a Fun{tache}tic Day

***Scroll down or click here to see my post for the Clear and Simple Stamps Release in Review.***

Here's a quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on this cheery birthday card seen here.  I took the card's long banner idea and ran with it, turning it in to a simple masculine birthday card.

For my card, I flipped the placement of the banners from the right to the left side of the card and did the same with the sentiment, switching it from the left side to the right.  I used only two paper banners for a cleaner look, keeping with the masculine feel I was going for.  The banners are wrapped with some natural twine and secured with a white button.

I stamped the "have a fun{tache}tic day sentiment from the The Mustache Set from The Cat's Pajamas at the bottom of the kraft card base in navy ink.  For a fun touch, I die cut a mustache from cork and added it above the sentiment.

Materials Used:
The Mustache Set, CutUps Mustaches die (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Paris Dusk ink (Tsukineko); Desert Story cardstock (Neenah); Double Dutch 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); white button (Michaels); twine (Hemptique); cork (Creative Impressions)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips