Sunday, August 19, 2012

You're So Bright

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's a dreary, rainy day here, so a bright card based on this masculine design was perfect for this afternoon.

I kept the layout pretty much the same as on the original card, but changed up the stamps and the colors, too.  I used some new sets from Market Street Stamps that have just arrived at i {heart} papers.  With school starting soon, I thought that it would be fun to pair the new ABC Background with the lightbulb from the Bright Side set and one of the sentiments from the Teacher Notes set to make an encouraging card for a special student.

The alphabet background's stamped in gray ink on a white panel.  I used black embossing powder to add the lightbulb image over that.  After masking the bulb image with a sticky note, I used some yellow distress ink to add a warm glow around the bulb.  The "you're so bright" sentiment is stamped beneath the text block in black ink.  I layered the panel on a black mat, then set it on a yellow card base to match the bulb's glow.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Market Street Stamps ABC Background, Bright Side, and Teacher Notes stamp sets, Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks

other:  Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Ranger Mustard Seed distress ink

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LORI! So smart to pair these new sets with the light bulb- didn't even think of that! Definitely going to borrow your idea very soon- my boys are starting back to school next week and I think they should each get a card just like this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips