Saturday, September 29, 2012

Playing Favorites

This week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps challenge is to use your favorite Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps image. This was a tough one! After a little hemming and hawing, I finally decided on the Moonlight Whispers Miss Information image for my card. As a teacher, I’m a sucker for school themed images! I paired her with the current Deconstructed Sketch for this card.

I stamped Miss Information on a white panel and colored her with Copic markers. Usually I use red—I seem to lean towards that for my school-themed designs—but here, I went with a totally different aqua/gold/gray color combination. The colored panel is set on a gray mat with a scalloped edge along one side.

I covered the aqua card base with a multicolored plaid patterned paper, then attached two coordinating dotted aqua strips along the left side of the cardfront. The image panel is layered over the panels. I attached a strip of golden yellow grosgrain ribbon to the cardfront, overlapping the image panel just a bit. The ribbon strip is accented with a sparkly chipboard star and a twine tied button.

Be sure to stop by the Kraftin’ Kimmie blog to check out the details on this week’s challenge and to see what the rest of the amazing Krafty Girls and guests have created. And, don’t miss out on this week’s Frugal Friday specials--you can see this week's sale stamps here.  Thanks so much to Kimmie and the Krafty Girls for having me as a guest this month. I’ve loved spending time with you!

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Miss Information stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron and Basic Gray cardstock, scallop edge punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lost & Found 2-Sunshine 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); glittered chipboard star (Michaels); Caribbean baker’s twine (The Twinery); button

4 comments:

  1. Lori, Great card. Love the colors and paper you chose. Thanks for being a crafty friend during our guest designer month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the muted colours on this! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fab card Lori, that image is brilliant, your colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Lori~I love the image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips