Monday, September 10, 2012

Sweet Baby

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use color blocking. I’d had this week’s Viva la Verve sketch in the back of my mind and when I saw the challenge, I thought it would work perfectly with the sketch. I put together this feminine baby card based on the sketch in about 15 minutes.

I found scraps of cardstock in 4 different shades of pink to use for my blocks of color. I trimmed the scraps into strips of graduated lengths, then cut a notch in one end of each strip. The strips are attached to a white cardstock panel. I stamped the “sweet baby” sentiment from Verve’s Treasured Words set in pink ink in the open space at the bottom of the panel, then wrapped the left edge of the panel with some pink twine, securing it with a button. The panel’s layered on a coordinating pink card base. It would be easy to put together a bunch of these in boy-friendly and gender neutral color schemes, too.
Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Memento Rose Bud ink (Tsukineko); pink baker’s twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips