Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chillax

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge. It’s a little out of season, but I’m not quite ready to put away the summery My Island stamp set just yet.

I created a sunny beach scene for my focal image. The background panel was stamped with yellow ink. I stamped the sand/ground in brown at the bottom and the sun rays in orange right over the yellow panel. The white around the edges of the panel looked a little too bright to me, so I inked along the edges with some distress ink to soften it a bit. The image is layered on an aqua mat, then on a kraft panel with distressed edges.

I used an aqua and orange dotted patterned paper to cover most of the kraft card base. After attaching the image panel at the center of the card, I wrapped some twine around the top of the card, anchoring it with a bow, and added a trio of orange-y twine-threaded buttons along the bottom.

Materials Used:
My Island stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Aqua Mist and Kraft cardstock, Summer Sunrise buttons, natural twine (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand, Cantaloupe, and Tangelo inks (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Mabel-"Joy" Woodgrain designer paper (My Mind's Eye)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I think this is one of my favourite sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and happy! Here is a fun fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! So pretty - love that sunset framed in the aqua blue - and the twine bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always the sunniest in blogland, Lori! Love the patterned paper and the bright yellow sun with the buttons to match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo nice ..love the colours what you used! andi these buttons ..my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mix of colors...
    that yellow just pops!
    A fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips