Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cloud 9 October Blog Hop





The challenge for this month’s Cloud 9 blog hop is to create a card based on this inspiration photo.  I love all the seasonal elements, from the warm colors to the piles of pumpkins, as well as the fun mix of patterns.


Here’s my take on the challenge. I wanted to use pumpkins since there were so many in the inspiration photo, so I used the Happy Harvest set for my card. The pumpkins are stamped on a cream circle. I used the matching dies to die cut the wheelbarrow shape from cream cardstock and stamped the image on the die cut piece, then used dimensional dots to attach it to the panel so it looked like it was filled with pumpkins.

 The rest of the card is pretty simple. I wanted to incorporate some of the patterns from the photo into my design, so I placed a piece of dotted orange paper on an orange card base. I added a strip of black chevron patterned paper at the bottom along with a piece of cream twill. The image panel is layered over all of them. The set’s “sending a bushel of thanks” sentiment is stamped in brown ink on the dotted panel. I probably should have used black, but it's too late now . . .

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Happy Harvest stamp set and Happy Harvest dies, Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa, Gray Flannel, Tangelo, and Bamboo Leaves inks, Jillibean Soup Soup Staples 2 Collection Kit--Orange Salt and Black Salt designer papers, May Arts ivory twill, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

Other: Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Lori, that is such a cute way to display the cart full of cute pumpkins. Such a nice take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic, Lori! I love the combination of patterns on the background paper and banner strips. So glad you joined us again this month for the Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is just too darn cute. I am in love with your wheel barrow filled with pumpkins and that black patterned paper, such a fun addition to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Love the patterned paper - the black and white is fab - and the wheelbarrow image. So glad you were able to join our Cloud9 Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card--I love the wheelbarrow and the polka dots!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori! I love the design of this card - I am so drawn to all the patterns. Thanks so much for joining our Cloud9 hop this month!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips