Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Pair

I have a pair of pumpkin themed cards to share today, both using stamps from My Favorite Things.  The first one's for this week's Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch challenge--and I think it might be my favorite of the two.

I used the Pure Innocence Li'l Pumpkin girl as my focal image.  She's colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the multicolored polka dotted paper I used to cover most of the cardfront.  I cut her out and attached her to a circle panel that I made into a simple scenic background by adding a green section to the bottom.

The busy polka dot panel has a more subtle grid patterned strip along the right side.  Once it was in place, I attached three strips of orange twill around the panel, then added the image panel on top.  The "hello, pumpkin" sentiment is stamped on a little flag piece and set on the edge of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Li'l Pumpkin and Little Witch stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grass Green cardstock (Gina K Designs); Happy Halloween Collection Kit (Echo Park); orange twill (Michaels); foam tape

And, this one is for this month's guest designer contest.  I used one of the a la modes as my focal image.  She's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a blue panel with some die cut grass along the bottom.  I stamped the set's "thankful for you" sentiment in the open space to the right of the image.

I covered the cardfront in a fun plaid pattern, then added a contrasting orange on orange polka dot strip across the bottom. The strip is wrapped with some golden yellow ribbon.  After setting the image panel in place, I added a pair of felt clouds for some texture along with a little button-embellished bow.  The ends of the twine I used to thread the button onto the bow are twisted for a whimsical look. 

Materials Used:
a la modes Sweetest Pumpkin in the Patch, Die-namics Grass, Flat Bottomed Cloud, and Open Scallop Edge dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Old Olive, and So Saffron cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon  (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock, Harvest Gold button (Papertrey Ink); Witch Hazel 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); hemp twine (Hemptique); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips