Friday, November 30, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 284

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “all stitched up.” I used a little machine stitching on this simple love themed card that incorporates a trendy Polaroid style frame around the focal image.

The focal image is the US map from the The  States Too set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I stamped the outline in gray ink and the distressed solid image in blue ink to match the cardstock. The set’s “I love you from here to” sentiment is stamped over the bottom of the map in red ink for a nice contrast.

Then, I pulled out my sewing machine and got to work. I stitched a loopy line from the west coast to the east coast and finished it off with a small heart brad. The brad was a silver one that was easily made red with a Copic marker. After wrapping the bottom of the frame with some red baker’s twine, I adhered it to a kraft card base with some coordinating paper strips.

For more projects using the “all stitched up” theme, check out the link list below. And, feel free to create your own new stitched project and add it to the list.

Materials Used:
The States Too stamp set, My Style Blueprint, You’ve Steel Got It, and Haute Red Couture inks, My Style Blueprint, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic marker (R29), Divine Twine red baker’s twine (Clear and Simple Stamps); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Soup Staples 2-Red Salt designer paper (Jillibean Soup); heart brad (Making Memories); corner rounder; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. What a cool card! Very clever use of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out darling and i love the stitching through the map!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE Lori!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute Lori! Love the colors, such a fun way to incorporate the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips