Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happiness Is Being with You

Here's my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch for the month of November.  I went clean and simple on this one, using a sentiment as the focal image.

The sentiment is from Verve's Treasured Words stamp set.  I stamped it in red ink on a pale pink panel for a nice contrast.  The panel is layered on a white mat, then set on a piece of pink and red patterned paper.

The patterned  paper panel is adhered to a pale pink cardfront, matching the sentiment panel.  Instead of using a strip of patterned paper or a piece of ribbon for the long, narrow element that runs the length of the cardfront, I used dotted pink washi tape.  After adhering the tape, I layered a pair of felt hearts at the top left corner of the image panel as a sweet accent.

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Wild Cherry ink (My Favorite Things); Pink Pirouette and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Love Story 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); felt hearts (American Crafts); pink dotted decorative tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips